Thanks for your invite to get my feet wet with Super Scrabble. Everybody exercised great patience with me making it easy to ease in on playing on a big board with 200 tiles. The catered Thai food was sumptuous to say the least. Maliha, you were an magnanimous hostess. The whole day was so festive. Cheers! Paul
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Maliha Mahmood <maliha.mendoza> wrote:
It was one of those fabulous sun shining California weather that most states throughout the USA would envy during this time of the year. SuperScrabble Club players gathered to experience again this great mentally-enhancing word game. We were all gladdened to see Paul Trachtenberg playing with us for the first time, and two players Gretchen and Najat right away volunteered to show Paul how to navigate the SuperScrabble board. Gretchen got the job because she had the seniority privilege. Now you see, it is not that different compared to playing the standard Scrabble game. Big WELCOME to Paul, who made our day sweeter. The list below is ranked according to how many awards they received during the day. Congratulations BILL! This is the second time he captured the prize for 12- to 13-letter word category. See his game below. After the players who won 3 games, the rest is shown based on the cumulated score. Bob, Gretchen, and Maliha played two games during the day.
- Bill Lapinski won 3Gs/out o 3. He played the mostest bingos–17; he found one word in the assigned category—INCLINE; and most of all he won the pot containing $55 for finding a 12- to 13-letter word—ROMANTICIZED; his cum was 2997; he had a high game of 1179 on the 3rd round.
- Roy Kamen won 3Gs/out o 3. He had the high game of 1362 during the first round; Roy cumulated 3472 points during the day; he played a total of 15 bingos; and played FREIGHT for the category.
- Najat Reikes won 3Gs/out o 3, high game of 1036, cum of 2838; she played 9 bingos with high bingo for SWEETISH=128 points, which also satisfied the category.
- Pat Reed won 2Gs/out o 3, high game during 2nd round—955, cum of 2684, and played 7 bingos.
- Renee Kahn won 1G/out o 3, high game of 959 during the 1st round, cumulated 2620, played 8 bingos; and found 4 words in the assigned categories.
- Fern Trausch won 2Gs/out o 3, high game of 934 during the 2nd round, cum of 2550, 7 bingos, and 2 words in the category.
- Janet Goldstein won 1G/out o 3, HG of 946 during the 1st round, cumulated 2474 points, and played 6 bingos.
- Paul Trachtenberg won 1G/out o 3, HG of 902 during the 1st round, cumulated 2472, and found 5 bingos.
- Tom Titus won 1G/out of 3, HG of 847 during the 3rd round, cumulated 2388, and 4 bingos. No word in the category was reported.
- Marian Melendez 0G/out of 3, HG of 620 during the 2nd round, cumulated 1726, and played 3 bingos.
- Bob Agnew won 1G/out of 2, HG of 890 during the 1st round, cum of 1661, and had 4 bingos.
- Maliha Mahmood 0G/out of 2, HG of 836 during the 2nd round, cum of 1586, and played 3 bingos.
- Gretchen Cowan 0G/out of 2, , HG of 857 during the 1st round, cum of 1542, and played 2 bingos.